Friday, November 27, 2009

Who is your favorite opera soprano? And why?

I will always remember seeing (and hearing) Patrice Munsel in my home town. She was very, very young and the audience simply would not let her leave the stage. I think it was her third or fourth encore and the only words to the song I can remember were...........



"if you want anymore you can sing it yourself". The audience went crazy but she left the stage for the last time. She was a lyric soprano and Kathleen Battle reminds me of her. Their personalities must be very different. Kathleen did herself a disservice by being difficult at the Met.



Who is your favorite opera soprano? And why?windows xp home



Libby I am liking your questions! Right now since I am studying alot of wagner arias. I am enjoying Regine Crespin. She is a french soprano who has the most luscious diamond like soprano. She is My model For Sieglinde!



I also love Leontyne Price! She is the mother of all budding sopranos. Her voice is like a large banner flowing in the wind! My favorite recording of hers is her travatore with placido domingo and Zubin mehta! (who i met last week.



But persoinally i am my favorite Soprano!If you are one too you should think the same about yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security