Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Phantom of the Opera in London?

I heard it's cheaper to buy the ticket at the door on the day itself and the seat is quite good.



Anyone did? If so, how much was the price and how was the seat?



I searched for the price online and found that the price for 1 seat in Balcony is about 30 pounds.. Is it reasonable? Or??



Any suggestions?? Book online or buy on that day?



The Phantom of the Opera in London?windows media player 11



I'd wait and buy the day of, if you have the time to wait in line and won't be heartbroken if you don't get one (or if you get a less-than-stellar seat). The show's not new, so there are usually unsold tickets. Her Majesty's is not so big that you are likely to be sitting miles away.



30 quid for a ticket isn't horrible, but it ain't cheap either. Are you American? Depending on exchange rates, that's somewhere close to US$50-$60. You'll pay that much on Broadway, too, but it's still pricey for a theatre ticket.



And, worse case scenario, it'll probably still be playing next time you visit London. =)



The Phantom of the Opera in London?microsoft publisher internet explorer



In London theates, the tickets tend to run from 15 pounds (when the seats are really far away, really far to the side, or the view is obstructed) to about 60 pounds (best seats in the house). I saw Phantom of the Opera in London this past fall, and I believe I paid 50-55 pounds for seats on the far left of the first row of the balcony. 30 pounds is very reasonable for tickets (with the exchange rate that's about $60, but think of how much you'd pay in New York). But you can buy seats for that amount any time before the show, so if you want more choice in where you sit or how much you pay, then I recommend going by the theatre a couple days early.



That said, the show is great (if you haven't seen it already). And apparently the show was written for Her Majesty's Theatre, so you should see it there if you have the chance! I'm assuming Earl Carpenter is still the Phantom, and he's brilliant...but I'm not really answering your question anymore. :-)



I'm sorry, but I'm not sure about online ticket sales. I bought my tickets at the theatre. I know you can go on the day of the performance and buy unsold seats, but if you really want to go and you want decent seats, I'd go earlier.



Hope this helps!
It all depends on how much you want to see the show - don't forget that there are no guarantees that tickets will be available to purchase on the day.



If you do decide to take a chance and wait until the day - in addition to what the theatre has available you can also try the booth in Leicester Square on one of the many ticket agencies in and around the area.



Phantom is a wonderful show - well worth paying 锟?0 or more on.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security