Friday, November 27, 2009

Best web browser? (IE opera mozilla etc)?

Mozilla - hands down...



You can download for free at:



http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/



Best web browser? (IE opera mozilla etc)?opera browser



definitely mozilla.



i used to use internet explorer, but mozilla seems faster and the tabbed browsing really is convenient.



Best web browser? (IE opera mozilla etc)?microsoft windows internet explorer



Agreed. Mozilla/firefox has been the best browser I've ever had. Faster, more stable, more user friendly, and because it's open source there are all kinds of "add ons" that I actually want to use. (For example, I have the controls of my itunes embedded into my browser window so I can just hit "play" and start music. And I have a button that opens a small editor where I can type a blog entry, then with one click publish it to my livejournal. In both cases, you can customize it to whatever software or blog system you use.) There are also lots of "skins" available so I can customize the look. I like a sleek clean look that doesn't take up a lot of window space. So I have small toolbars and buttons and most of my screen is actual content, not browser. I used to always wonder about the people that seemed so effusive about the wonders of mozilla, but I have to admit, this is hands down the best system I've ever seen.
SeaMonkey, from Mozilla
Avant browser. Hands down.



www.avantbrowser.com
Opera rocks!



It is the best out of the box browser. It's my default browser at work, home and on my mobile and this is why:



Sexy -- I love the clean and functional interface.



Speed -- super fast stable browsing.



Safety -- Opera protects you from phishing attacks and naughty website scripts being installed on your computer.



Popup blocker -- Opera automatically stops those annoying popups.



Tabbed browsing -- try opening 100+ tabs and still experience great performance. Bliss for power users!



Lightweight -- Your computer will love you! Opera goes easy on your CPU and the installation file is less than 4MB.



Mouse gestures -- use mousemovements to navigate. It's the best things since sliced bread and speeds up your browsing.



Cache -- Re-open Opera and (Voila!), all your websites are still intact. This is a big time saver if you keep this setting on.



Trash -- Re-open tabs you accidentally closed. I promise you, this is very very handy.



Skins -- Change or preview skins without having to re-start Opera. Make it pretty, oh so pretty!



There's a ton of features in Opera worth mentioning:



RSS reader, email client, fully customisable interface (move, remove, add whatever takes your fancy in the interface), Bit Torrent client, proper webpage zoom, add anything to the handy Notes, make Opera read it out loud with text to speech, autorefresh webpage, fit (webpage) to window, add search box to the search dropdown list (right click on search box), press / to find text on webpage, content blocking, passes Acid 2 test, hover over tab for thumbnail view of webpage.



The list goes on, but the best way to really find out how great it is, is to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security